biohazard waste-for medical facilities
Workers at medical facilities are the ones with the highest risk of exposure to pick up diseases or get injured. This happens not only for being in close contact with sick patients, but because they handle biohazardous wastes such as needles, blades, glass pipettes, bloody bandages, and so on.
Now more than ever, medical facilities must follow the right protocols when getting rid of biomedical wastes. With such an infectious virus as COVID-19, for instance, the proper measures should be taken, and that’s what USA Bio Care is here for.
We’re an industry leader in managing comprehensive medical waste removal programs for health care facilities and commercial businesses.
What To Know About Biohazard Wastes And Our Services
It’s vital to have all biohazardous wastes classified. Some may not be perceived as dangerous and can go unnoticed, putting at risk the health of all medical staff and even patients. Biohazardous wastes come as follows:
- Human blood: liquid, semi-liquid, or dry.
- Human bodily fluids: this includes saliva, vaginal secretions, semen, cerebral spinal fluid amniotic fluid, and others, either in liquid form or dry.
- Human pathological waste: human tissues, organs, and body parts.
- Microbiological waste: laboratory wastes containing infectious agents.
- Sharp waste: elements that have been contaminated with potentially infectious materials, such as scalpels, needles, glass slides, and others.
At USA Bio Care, we take the right measures to adequately handle, contain, pick-up, and treat all biohazardous wastes and sharps. We follow all local, state, and federal regulations. Our qualified team cleans up and sanitizes the area after all the wastes have been safely bagged up and removed from the facility.
We offer our biohazardous waste services to facilities such as:
-Urgent care centers
-Long term care facilities
Biohazardous Waste Removal During COVID-19
At USA Bio Care, we keep providing our biomedical waste removal services, being of excellent support for medical facilities that have worked ceaselessly during COVID-19 times. Our services are helpful for medical centers treating Coronavirus patients because we have the follow-ups to dispose of infected wastes appropriately.